Q: How do I Purchase a Tax Foreclosure Property?

Q: How do I Purchase a Tax Foreclosure Property?

A: There are several means by which you can purchase a Tax Foreclosed property.

  1. Tax Foreclosures (Tax Sale) are auctioned by the Constable’s office on the first Tue of the month on the courthouse steps. Detailed tax sale instructions described below. For current list of upcoming tax sales click here.
  2. Tax-Foreclosed Properties can be purchased after redemption period. All properties are located under the Listings Tab. Or list can be obtained in the Planning Department located at 401 Franklin, Dr. Mae Jackson Development Center.

Contact the Property Manager at (254) 750-5651 or by email to request information on a specific property that is of interest. Properties can be purchased directly through the property manager. She will prepare an offer to purchase and a disclosure. Please call or email to verify property is still available.

  1. You can participate in Sealed Bid Sales, which are held periodically. Certain properties are offered to obtain the highest possible price through a bid process.  When a Sealed Bid Sale is scheduled, it will be announced on our web page, in the Waco Tribune-Herald and on the Waco City Cable Channel (WCCC.TV). See below for more details on bid process.

Email the Property Manager to be added to a list to be contacted when new properties are for sale, or an upcoming bid sale.   

  1. City of Waco Housing and Community Development Services Department at 750-5656 offers programs to assist with down payment and closing costs. Inquire about qualifying to buy a owner occupied house to be constructed by a non-profit organization. 
Tagged as: None
Twitter Facebook Email