• For Sale 1715 Washington Ave.
• Lot size approx.. 150 X 165
• Minimum Bid $50,000
• Bid Deadline October 1, 2021 2:00pm
• Zoning C-2
The City of Waco (“City”) is seeking development proposals (“Proposals”) from qualified firms (“Developers”) for the opportunity to purchase and develop City-Owned property located at 1715 Washington Avenue.
The intended outcome of this Request for Proposal (“RFP”) process is a purchase and sales agreement and a Development Agreement (“DA”) that will establish terms and conditions, that further define the scope, design, overall use, and development of the Project upon which the selected Developer can purchase and develop the preferred project on the City parcels.
The proposal shall include:
- Offer to negotiate a purchase agreement (See Appendix B)
- Description of the developers proposed project:
- Size in acres and/or square feet of building space
- Type of use(s) planned (e.g. commercial, residential, office, or a mixed-use combination)
- Description of Developers experience developing the proposed type of project elsewhere including:
- Name and location of project(s)
- Description of project(s)
- Completion date of project(s)
- Experience in dealing with other City projects and/or have experience in purchasing government property for private development
- Explanation of the role the Developer’s organization will play in the proposed project and a list of other partners and their roles (if any).
- The proposed general timeframe for the development of the Developer’s proposed project.
- Description of the benefit(s) your proposed project brings to the City including:
- Land sale price.
- Projected property tax revenues from the project.
- Projected sales tax and other revenues from the project.
- Projected number of direct jobs.
- How is project in line with Imagine Waco Plan?
- Is this a catalyst project? How does project encourage additional development and expansion?
- For residential development, does it include affordable housing components?
- Other benefits to the City.
See Bid Packet for all required documentation to be submitted.
Tax Sales are held on the court house steps. Please visit https://mvbalaw.com/tax-sales/ for current list of delinquent tax sales. For questions, please call 254-756-7755.